COURSE: INTERMEDIATE I
PROJECT “GLOBAL WARMING”
• Please read very carefully the article below, “GLOBAL WARMING”, until you understand it, before starting to solve theProject.
• When you finish READING the article, at least five times, and you really understand it, please do your Project, as follows:
1. Do a brief written comment on this article, in MICROSOFTWORD Format, sharing your views and thoughts about the ARTICLE “GLOBAL WARMING”. When you’re finished, please put your name and number of course (147509 or 147510) as the name of the FILE in WORD, inorder to identify and to know to whom it belongs. Save it on your mass storage device. Then please use the link ENVÍO PROYECTO to send it to your Tutor.
2. Please enter the link QUESTIONNAIRE“GLOBAL WARMING” to answer some questions on the Article “GLOBAL WARMING”. This will be a reading comprehension questionnaire.
• This Project will be graded over a maximum score of 100 points, andit will have a value of 20% of the final grade of the entire course. The average between the Comments and the Questionnaire on the Article “Global Warming” will be the definite grade for your PROJECTin the Grade Book.
I do wish SUCCESS to all of you.
Your Virtual English Tutor
Global Warming is defined as the increase of the average temperature on Earth. Asthe Earth is getting hotter, disasters like hurricanes, droughts and floods are getting more frequent.
Over the last 100 years, the average temperature of the air near the Earth’s surface has risena little less than 1° Celsius (0.74 ± 0.18°C, or 1.3 ± 0.32° Fahrenheit). Does not seem all that much? It is responsible for the conspicuous increase in storms, floods and raging forest fires we haveseen in the last ten years, though, say scientists.
Their data show that an increase of one degree Celsius makes the Earth warmer now than it has been for at least a thousand years. Out of the…